Monday, June 27, 2011

day fourty four....

I've skipped a few days. I have been making this such a chore and a commitment that I have already begun to see this part of it as work - already losing site of why I am here in the first place. The words have gotten less and less inspired and I have been letting the frustration of the lack of take off get to me more than I should. So, as promised in the beginning there would be changes, here they come. From now on I will not be doing daily posts. It has made this too much of a chore, versus a labor of love. Most of the posts don't really have any substance or any personality behind them. I feel very few of them really tell anything about who I am or what I am trying to do beyond the cut and dry explanation of it all. I hope to just get one post a week that is meaningful. Also, This will be taking a little more of a personal tone instead of being simply about the photo side of things. One thing that I learned from the contest (I did not win) is that anyone can sit and talk about black and white things like business success or not and stats of page visits and things but there is no human relate-ability aspect in that. The entry wanted links to your family blog and the photo you chose was to be featured on that blog with a link to the contest blog.  I directed the judges to this blog, not my private family blog where it is all about us and the posts are much more heartfelt and inspired -- sorry guys but there are too many creepies out there, my family members and friends, almost all of whom are at a great distance from us, should not suffer because I can't trust the Internet at large. So, my family and friends have private viewership rights to the family blog. It isn't for the www to see. This is how I got to this place.... I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't feel good about entering the contest or why I don't like all of the "vote for me" and sponsorship messages from tons and tons of blogs out there and why my favorite blog is my favorite because the images and the words are inspired, inspiring and beautiful. It is obvious that the images and words come from the heart not a chore of a self imposed daily post in the hopes that it will help generate some happenings. Well, it is totally fine for some that is not who I am nor how I want my blog to be. This isn't about that for me and I can now say it felt wrong because it is wrong for me. It just doesn't fit. I am sure you could tell from the tone of the contest post that I wasn't exactly into the idea but I do think I need to start being more active and get out there a bit more so I tried something outside of my normal comfort zone. I chose wrong. The contest is great and wonderful and some great images came out of it and that's great. But it also is a lot about their readership, about their sponsorship, advertising, and their bid to get votes for other blog related contests. All things I really don't care about and don't intend to make this about. I am not saying it's wrong. This is obviously working for many blogs and there are plenty out there who the blog generates revenue for their families and businesses. I am not knocking that, that isn't the point. I am more so scolding myself for trying to fit into a place I knew I didn't fit all along. This blog is simply meant to be a venue, an outlet, to express my passion and creativity and to help my clients get to know me, my work, and my outlook a bit more. Thus far I am not sure I would be sending the right message on those accounts.....

So, things are changing a bit. 44 days into it I feel is long enough to know that this original direction isn't working very well. Sorry for the absence but it took a little time away to see that this needs to be something I enjoy.  Starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment